Pages: (13) « First ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

DC Universe: Rebirth Discussion, Of course I remember you.
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Sep 22 2016, 12:41 PM

QUOTE (AgentFeliX @ Sep 22 2016, 10:26 AM)
Can't remember if someone mentioned this already, but DC is absolutely throttling Marvel in sales.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssale...16/2016-08.html

If it hasn't come up outright, I think it's an understood thing washing through Marvel fandom - a fandom that, I think, hopes this starts to signal Marvel's reconsideration of their current trajectory.

Aside from the Marvel-ness, it's good to see better books and better sales actually coinciding.
PM
^
Green Griffin
 Posted: Sep 22 2016, 07:46 PM

Advanced Member

Action Comics #963 - Glad Patrick Zircher is back on art, but i just don't care about Clark Kent.

Flash #6 - This book is really starting to become great, i love Godspeed, but minor complaint, he feels like TV show Zoom.

Suicide Squad #2 - Still a fun book, actual shocking death (if it sticks) and the back up story with Ivan Reis on art was both fun and sad.

Superwoman #2 is fantastic, its the book Kelly Sue Deconnick's Captain Marvel wished it was. It's not afraid to show it's main character as a flawed person who is dealing with depression. (Did Kelly Sue ever bring up Carol's past as an Alcoholic?)

Doom Patrol #1 was......confusing to say the least. The art is great, but i've never been more out of the loop with a first issue as this one. I hope it makes sense in later issues.

Still need to finish Wonder Woman, All-Star Batman, and Deathstroke.
PMWebsite
^
Green Griffin
 Posted: Sep 26 2016, 04:59 PM

Advanced Member

Wonder Woman #6 - Probably the best issue of the series.

Deathstroke #2 - Very good read, the first time i cared about reading a comic featuring Deathstroke.

Batman #7 (Pt. 1 of the Monster Men crossover) - Bare bones first issue for a crossover, I wish Rossmo was the permanent artist instead of Finch, his panels are great.

Nightwing #5 (pt 2 of Monster Men crossover) - Normal people vs Monsters, this is where Seeley shines. The art was confusing in some of the panels though.

Trinity #1 - Fun and pure first issue, art is fantastic.

Superman #7 - Nice little one shot showing Superman life at home.

PMWebsite
^
Green Griffin
 Posted: Oct 5 2016, 08:55 PM

Advanced Member

Action Comics #964 - Glad we're past this Superman meets Clark Kent stuff. (at least i hope so)

Deathstroke #3 - the art was really fun this issue, like the relationship between Rose and Slade, can't wait to see what it builds to.

Detective Comics #941 - I just want this crossover to be over already.

Flash #7 - I really like Godspeed, i can see him appearing in the next season of Flash.

Suicide Squad #3 - still liking this series, i just wish the main story wasn't so short because Jim Lee can't draw a full issue.

Teen Titans #1 - That Jonboy guy is a pretty great artist.

Wonder Woman #7 - After a good issue 6, we get back to WW vs dime store Swamp Thing.
PMWebsite
^
Green Griffin
 Posted: Oct 12 2016, 09:05 PM

Advanced Member

Superman #8 - Continues to be one of the best books of Rebirth.

Batman #8 - (part 4 of Monster Men) Art is great, i'm tired of this crossover.

Nightwing #6 - (Part 5 of Monster Men) Only one more issue of the crossover!
PMWebsite
^
Satan
 Posted: Oct 19 2016, 07:51 AM

frostitute

Batman #9 - King isn't doing anything for me. And that last page is such a clusterfrak.
PMEmail
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Oct 19 2016, 07:56 AM

#ILoveRogue

King lost me when he shaved Gotham Girl. The premise of the upcoming arc seemed exciting. Sad to hear it's not living up to its promise.
PM
^
Satan
 Posted: Oct 19 2016, 08:00 AM

frostitute

I was pretty excited to jump on Batman's SS raiding Santa Prisca, but save for one nice twist, this issue hasn't lived up to my expectations at all.

PMEmail
^
Green Griffin
 Posted: Oct 19 2016, 09:36 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Kaiolino @ Oct 19 2016, 10:56 AM)
King lost me when he shaved Gotham Girl. The premise of the upcoming arc seemed exciting. Sad to hear it's not living up to its promise.

I thought that was King's best issue of Batman where it followed Gotham Girl as she showed her problems with depression.

I'm gonna be real sad when they kill her off for shock value, she's been the only good thing in King's Batman run.
PMWebsite
^
Satan
 Posted: Dec 7 2016, 03:14 PM

frostitute

Batman #12 - It hasn't mustered any reaction from me other than boredom. Useless double pages, useless Batman beats everyone even though he should be pretty exhausted from previous issues, boring letter, boring sentence construction, dynamic and cutting, boring ending. Bye bye King's Batman. I'm getting off this train.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (13) « First ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll