Pages: (18) « First ... 14 15 16 17 18  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Phoenix Resurrection: Return of Fongji, Matthew Rosenberg/Leinil Yu
AgentFelix
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 07:23 AM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

Jean Grey has died so many times that it’s become an ongoing joke among comic book fans. She originally died in Uncanny X-Men #101 before returning as Phoenix. When the Phoenix Force was corrupted, she committed unspeakable atrocities and decided to kill herself off in issue #137 at the end of what is remembered as “The Dark Phoenix Saga.”

Back from the dead, Jean died again in #281, but used her psychic powers to stay alive inside the head of Emma Frost. She died in X-Men #148 at the hand of Wolverine and was killed by Magneto during Grant Morrison’s New X-Men run. Phoenix: Endsong saw her die multiple times before heading back to the grave. We know that Jean Grey is expected to return soon, but it’s only a matter of time before she’s dead again.

This is the problem I have with the Jean Grey dies all the time meme. tbf, they do it for a lot of the heroes in this shitty list, but counting deaths that don't last through an issue or a story don't count imo. A comic book "death" is when someone is removed from the table completely and requires some sort of story or retcon to bring them back later. Having Jean "die" while the shuttle crashes, only to immediately come out of the water as Phoenix 2 pages later doesn't count as a death in my book. Neither does the fakeout in #281. The Endsong one is debatable because that was essentially playing on the meme. She was resurrected and died 50x in that story sure, but the story started with her dead, and ended with her dead. In macro terms, that's not a resurrection.

/rant

(this again applies to everyone btw, they use some really stupid deaths in this list. I just don't know how Jean gets associated with a million deaths, even before Morrison's run, when comparably it's pretty normal by comics standards)
PM
^
Fringe Division
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 01:11 PM

Napkin Bracelet

At least this write-up didn't include stories where literally the entire Marvel universe is destroyed and then restored as one of her deaths, which I've seen happen.
PM
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 02:39 PM

THEY'RE BACK!!!!

I'm always like...

"So?"

Her primary codename is Phoenix.

Nevermind that death in unending superhero comics is corny.

Oh really? He beat Robin literally to death? Don't cut yourself on that edge, fam.

I'd be more moved by someone saying "Yeah, I'm done with this" and quitting heroism than I would ever be by any death. Then, logistically, that leaves them on the board if you want to bring them back, no resurrection needed.

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 02:47 PM

I don't lactate.

its funny bc jean also did done that more times than any other able bodied x man.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
AgentFelix
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 05:54 PM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

QUOTE (sweetdumbass @ Sep 28 2017, 06:47 PM)
its funny bc jean also did done that more times than any other able bodied x man.

This is a fact. She's left the team by choice more often than by coffin.
PM
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 08:29 PM

Primary codename is Jean Grey.

Secondary is Marvel Girl - thanks in part to Jeana Dunham.
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Nov 22 2017, 08:29 AM

#ILoveRogue

PM
^
Satan
 Posted: Dec 22 2017, 04:10 AM

frostitute

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Jean Grey kills kids to announce her comeback while singing "Better Off Dead".

PMEmail
^
Satan
 Posted: Dec 22 2017, 04:13 AM

frostitute

Has holy cow been reading too many Zatanna comix while chilling in White Hot Room?

Colossus costume is loldumb. It fits his dumbness.
PMEmail
^
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Dec 23 2017, 10:29 AM

Read spoilers for this.

Saw some scans.

Kinda intriguing - feel like it's misdirection, though.

Read at your own risk: https://comicsheatingup.net/2017/12/23/spoi...rn-jean-grey-1/
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (18) « First ... 14 15 16 17 18 
Add Reply
New Poll