Pages: (149) « First ... 138 139 140 141 142 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

TRUMP NATION 2017-2020, It’s Mueller Time
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: May 16 2017, 07:11 PM

Still Endangered

When Trump finally goes down it will take me by complete surprise (like his election did). He's had scandals and damming flaws for the past 2 years---and literally his entire life---that would not only have ruined the career of any other politician, but would probably have lead to imprisonment.

Every institution that should have prevented this has failed. The basic decency/ sense of self-preservation of the electorate has failed to check this. The people who could have voted against it stayed home and the crazies have run away with the asylum. People's basic dignity failed to stop this. Little Marco and Ted Cruz actually campaigned for a man who publicly insulted them and their families. Mitt Romney was basically on his knees hoping for a cabinet spot after publicly condeming Trump, and he isn't even in politics anymore! One of the biggest revelations in all this is that a lot of people have no real defense against a bully. Against a person without shame. Against a person who is blatantly enriching himself, blatantly evil, does not care, will happilly undermine his own staff, and is has no real agenda other than blind spite.

The media was complicit, and even now that there's nonstop scandal to report on, I know if the Trump Regime actually got their shit together they'd trip over themselves to go back to reporting politics as usual.

After Jan 20th, I figured that the only thing that would de-rail this crazy train is a wave election in 2018. If the Dems got even one part of Congress, Trump's agenda would be hobbled and there'd be real investigations with subpeona power. But like...the Dems are masters of snatching defeat out the jaws of victory, and their electorate is a bunch of feckless idiots who would rather backbite than build a coalition. But even with all that, as the banality of the violations of law and propriety mount it's becoming crystal clear that 2018 may be too late. If they're willing to do all this, and allow Trump to do all this, why should there be any faith in a free and fair election in the future? They have Congress, the White House, the Justice Department, maybe SCOTUS (they're tough to read). If Trump makes good on his threat to dismantle/hobble the Judiciary--and no one else stops him--it would be simple to rig this and every election to come! Actually, it would foolish for them not to! I'd hate to face the wrath of an actual representative electorate after all this. And at this point, not only is Trump, his kids, and the entire administration likely implicated in criminal wrong-doing, quite a few GOP Congressional leadership is too. They wouldn't just be protecting their power and the party, they'd be saving themselves from federal charges.

Trump already fired the man investigating him. I expect a pardon for Mike Flynn before he gets a chance to testify, and then a huge pillar of the case against him falls. Comey is extra and squirrely and I don't know if he wants revenge more than he wants to be paid off/pardoned. But the Mitt Romney/Cruz/Little Marco situation taught me how easily people will acquiesce to even the appearance of power.
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: May 16 2017, 07:16 PM

#ILoveRogue

Don't forget that rat bastard John McCain. He's such a sniveling little shit that he almost single-handedly justifies that horrible word "cuck".

Anyway, here's Erdogan's hired thugs beating up Kurdish protestors in the American capital.

PM
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: May 17 2017, 06:10 PM

Still Endangered

Well this has been an eventful day.
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: May 17 2017, 06:21 PM

#ILoveRogue

Is the news of a special councel good enough to compensate for Sherrif Clarke's promotion to DHS?
PM
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: May 17 2017, 06:26 PM

Still Endangered

QUOTE (Kaiolino @ May 17 2017, 10:21 PM)
Is the news of a special councel good enough to compensate for Sherrif Clarke's promotion to DHS?

If Trump is impeached and his associates jailed, maybe it will create political will to fire his appointees? At the very least, hopefully they will be too cowed to do anything heinous with their leader indisposed?
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: May 28 2017, 07:23 AM

#ILoveRogue

I heard Trump's very bigly trip went tremendous.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PM
^
AgentFelix
 Posted: Jul 27 2017, 09:41 PM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

PM
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: Jul 27 2017, 10:29 PM

Still Endangered

I still am not 100% that this isn't a crazy dream. If I woke up tomorrow I would be like, "lol! can't believe I thought any of that was real! Can't wait for thanksgiving!"

Anyway, looks like McCain made a last ditch attempt to save his soul. Even so, the only GOP Senators I'll so much as acknowledge in this are Murkowski and Collins.

All power to the people. Earlier this spring I was one of the people marching outside a Senator's office. Since then the activism has only dialed up more. It took such a sustained, dramatic effort to stop this and it was only by 1 vote. On a bill nobody liked. That's crazy.

I don't think 2018 will be a free and fair election, but surely this level of engagement has to translate to a sweep in the ballot box.
PM
^
AgentFelix
 Posted: Jul 28 2017, 06:50 AM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Jul 28 2017, 07:24 AM

#ILoveRogue

QUOTE (Lycaon pictus @ Jul 28 2017, 08:29 AM)
I don't think 2018 will be a free and fair election, but surely this level of engagement has to translate to a sweep in the ballot box.

user posted image

Obviously poll isn't entirely fair since there's more Dems than Republicans and more Republicans than people who strongly approve of Trump, but it's still disheartening.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (149) « First ... 138 139 140 141 142 ... Last »
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll