Pages: (12) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Airing of Grievances: CBREV Edition
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Oct 4 2015, 08:26 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In this thread, you will be able to air whatever grievances you have with any member here, but without the threat of being warned and/or banned for derailing another thread.

The overall forum rules of member interaction still apply:

BE RESPECTFUL: Treat others with respect and do not insult other posters. Attacking, shaming, threatening violence, and posting content that is racist, homophobic, transphobic, misogynistic, sexist, ableist, and otherwise prejudiced in nature is strictly forbidden.

http://xcrescence.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=1427

You may:
Argue back & forth
Refer back to unsavory behavior presented in the forum
Quote posts and/or PM's from each other or other forum members (if they consent before hand)
Bring other evidence in support of grievance.

You may not:
Personally or insinuate a personal insult toward each other
Use racist, ableist, homophobic, or degrading language toward women
Liken someone to a Nazi or anything similar
Tell someone to go kill themselves
Put words into each others mouth (without proof or supporting witnesses)

Now, you may air your grievances.

user posted image

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Ted, Tedd, and Teddy
 Posted: Oct 4 2015, 08:29 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Originally posted by Lycaon pictus

QUOTE (Lycaon pictus @ Oct 5 2015, 12:11 AM)
QUOTE (foddington @ Oct 4 2015, 11:22 PM)
QUOTE (Lycaon pictus @ Oct 4 2015, 04:35 PM)
We did, twice.
He broke it, twice.

http://i.imgur.com/H45WCPv.gif

That's a lie. You've done nothing but attempt to instigate several altercations because you have a racial bias against me because you think I still had something to do with Martin being banned from these boards, despite the moderators informing you, Lycaon, that Martin left of his own accord.

There have been several posts where you have insulted me, whereas I remained courteous and refrained from name calling.

I'm sorry, but Lycaon is deliberately targeting me based on race and my opinions. I don't know what to do because she has continued to be problematic.

Wait, what?? How the hell did you get that idea???

The very moment I started to dislike you fod, begins and ends with the ignorant, and frankly racist things you said about the Hurricane Katrina victims. Literally everything else since then has been icing on the cake. The reason I don't like you is because I think you're a racist. Like, a Moynihan style racist. Like, Fox News, 4chan, creepy-racial-fetishist racist. Sorry 'bout it.

It's none of your business, but I thought shrugr had to with Martin leaving. I actually talked to him about it, and he told me he was banned cuz of a series of racist posts. (and/or freaking out about being called on them. same diff) At the time I was surprised, but turns out shrugr was right! I saw it myself in Martin's recent posts on CBR.

QUOTE (foddington @ Oct 4 2015, 11:28 PM)
she can't get past the reductive tumblr social justice warrior mentality.

I swear, 4Chan and tumblr are the worst.

I'm not on tumblr. I've never had a tumblr. It might surprise you to learn this, but caring about equality predates the internet. The only people who say sjw as a pejorative are the same who complain about the world being too PC, and feminazis taking over, and whine about "wanting their country back" and/or gators. Which are you?

QUOTE (Birds Airboard Rights 2K15 @ Oct 4 2015, 11:31 PM)
Well I offered a suggestion and one of you ignored me so I feel like that person shouldn't complain if you're not even going to acknowledge an attempt to solve an issue that shouldn't even exist, you know? http://i.imgur.com/NpvpXRP.gif

(And no, I'm not talking about fod.)

I wasn't complaining. In fact, I've never asked any mod or admin to mediate anything. The only time I've ever actually involved the mods was that one time I reported fod's ignorant post about India. I reported it specifically because I didn't want to start a pages-long argument. But that happened anyway, because I wasn't the only one who thought his comments were offensive. I think I kvetched over PM once about some other nonsense he said, but that was just conversation.

I ignored your email because 1) it caught me at a very bad time and 2) I didn't think it was serious. Didn't you suggest that we agree that the next one of us who addresses the other be permabanned? I thought you were trolling.

After the first time shrugr suggested we not talk anymore, I ignored him for months. I think 3 months? I even ignored his posts directly addressing me. I hoped if I stopped feeding the troll, it would leave me alone. It didn't work. But even then, I never asked the mods for anything. I was always either going to ignore his posts completely, or not.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: Oct 5 2015, 12:32 AM

Still Endangered

This thread is a really bad idea.

I was mad when I typed what Teddy quoted. I've cooled off since then, and I want to try to rephrase it a little kinder.

Fod, I think some of the things you say are "problematic". And by "problematic" I mean racist, sexist, and/or generally bigoted. There's been a bunch of stuff. What angered me most was what you said about the Katrina survivors. It's the 10th anniversary of Katrina, and it's been on my mind for months now.

Obviously I don't know the exact measure of your character. It's just that you say these horrible things, and then you defend them until there's a critical mass of people calling you out. Then you walk them back, or say you "misspoke".
Like the Katrina incident, where you said The Thing, then defended it, then walked it back, then--apropos of nothing--launched into an anecdote about how you were "mugged by two black guys in Vegas". I mean, really? I think you said something about "playing the race card" and "race baiting"?? You know those aren't terms used by anyone outside the O'reilly Factor and that ilk, right?

I know you're "trying". I don't have the patience for it anymore, but I see it. Rather, I've seen posts where you've said you are trying/learning.

Even the racial fetishizing is, I think, performative? Like, you're trying to counteract this perception, but it's coming off kinda creepy? I don't know. It's really none of my business.

That's my main point, really. I don't wanna fight no more. Obviously, I have my opinions, and I'm certain you don't care about them. And that's just fine. I have no desire to duke it out with you in Teddy's Thunderdome Thread*. I'm sorry if you've felt harassed, and I'm sorry if I've been aggressive. At this point, I just want to bury the hatchet.

user posted image

*Not saying that was your intent, Teddy, but there's no where this thread can go but down.
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Oct 5 2015, 02:12 AM

X-Men Discourse

oh my god are u kidding me best. thread. ever. let me pull some receipts from my old pm exchanges with Fringe

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Oct 5 2015, 08:17 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Lycaon pictus @ Oct 5 2015, 12:32 AM)
This thread is a really bad idea.

I was mad when I typed what Teddy quoted. I've cooled off since then, and I want to try to rephrase it a little kinder.

Fod, I think some of the things you say are "problematic". And by "problematic" I mean racist, sexist, and/or generally bigoted. There's been a bunch of stuff. What angered me most was what you said about the Katrina survivors. It's the 10th anniversary of Katrina, and it's been on my mind for months now.

Obviously I don't know the exact measure of your character. It's just that you say these horrible things, and then you defend them until there's a critical mass of people calling you out. Then you walk them back, or say you "misspoke".
Like the Katrina incident, where you said The Thing, then defended it, then walked it back, then--apropos of nothing--launched into an anecdote about how you were "mugged by two black guys in Vegas". I mean, really? I think you said something about "playing the race card" and "race baiting"?? You know those aren't terms used by anyone outside the O'reilly Factor and that ilk, right?

I know you're "trying". I don't have the patience for it anymore, but I see it. Rather, I've seen posts where you've said you are trying/learning.

Even the racial fetishizing is, I think, performative? Like, you're trying to counteract this perception, but it's coming off kinda creepy? I don't know. It's really none of my business.

That's my main point, really. I don't wanna fight no more. Obviously, I have my opinions, and I'm certain you don't care about them. And that's just fine. I have no desire to duke it out with you in Teddy's Thunderdome Thread*. I'm sorry if you've felt harassed, and I'm sorry if I've been aggressive. At this point, I just want to bury the hatchet.

user posted image

*Not saying that was your intent, Teddy, but there's no where this thread can go but down.

Well, shit, sorry.

My comments aren't targeted at a particular ethnicity or gender Lycaon. They are aimed at all people. I'm a history major. The one constant I've learned is people, regardless of skin color, ethnicity, religion, or gender people are assholes.

One thing I'd like to clear up is, as someone who subscribes to the Theory of African Genesis, that means I consider black skin the default norm. White skin color was one of the last skin colors to genetically mutate in colder climates with less sunlight.

Oh, God don't mention Bill fucking O'Reilly.

I only mentioned those three kids trying to mug me in Las Vegas as a counter example to illustrate that you can't white wash an entire people in hopes to push "black lives matter."

Yes, my being almost mugged is an isolated incident, but realize, those isolated incidents are going to be used against your cause, regardless of their legitimacy. Every social and political movement has faced this kind of tactical backlash. How you answer is important.

By that, I mean be inclusive. Learn from whitey's mistake. We're exclusive, therefore unable to create any kind of cohesive whole or cultural identity beyond business yuppies, neo Nazi skin heads, or awkward man children.

I apologize for causing you emotional pain by my racist and insensitive remarks. I'm a white male, so I'm constantly having to check my privilege. I really don't want to fight any more either.
PMEmail
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Oct 5 2015, 09:09 AM

Jerk Chicken

I'm mad at all of you.

Why can't you all just like things the way I like them? Why must you be difficult?

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: Oct 5 2015, 10:16 AM

Still Endangered

@fod you wanna hug this out, bro?

user posted image
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Oct 5 2015, 10:34 AM

X-Men Discourse

QUOTE (Phoenix Egg @ Oct 5 2015, 06:09 PM)
I'm mad at all of you.

Why can't you all just like things the way I like them? Why must you be difficult?

Oh, great you're already here. "Vagina people"???? Are you fucking kidding me?

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
Lycaon pictus
 Posted: Oct 5 2015, 10:39 AM

Still Endangered

QUOTE (Shrugr @ Oct 5 2015, 02:34 PM)
QUOTE (Phoenix Egg @ Oct 5 2015, 06:09 PM)
I'm mad at all of you.

Oh, great you're already here. "Vagina people"???? Are you fucking kidding me?

Maybe he was trying to be trans-inclusive. Like, he was acknowledging that not all women have vaginas, so he made a separate distinction for cis-women?
(I got nothin)
PM
^
Gene
 Posted: Oct 5 2015, 10:41 AM

Belcher and/or the Cow

I think the context in which that was used would make it transphobic more than anything.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (12) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll