Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

CBR sold to Valnet, Don't expect forums to last much longer.
Filthy Mutie
 Posted: Apr 4 2016, 12:54 PM

PM
^
Satan
 Posted: Apr 4 2016, 12:58 PM

frostitute

Wowza.

I reacted with joy over your topic description.
PMEmail
^
RLAAMJR.
 Posted: Apr 4 2016, 01:12 PM

Storm's #1 Fan Forever!

QUOTE (Filthy Mutie @ Apr 4 2016, 12:54 PM)
From Bleeding Cool: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/04/com...-funny-feeling/

I hope CBR will become better than ever.

--------------------
"Lightning, deliver this place from darkness!" - Storm in X-men TAS

"Do you know what happens to a toad when struck by lightning? Same thing that happens to everything else." - Storm in first X-men Movie.
PMEmail
^
Beezzi
 Posted: Apr 7 2016, 03:01 PM

Happy 10th Anniversary!

Well...this at least somewhat explains why they wiped the forums and went all super safe on our asses. Didn't want to risk anything rocking the PR boat with a deal on the table (this shit usually takes ages to finalise - safe to assume they started looking for a buyer around that time).

Screen Rant's never really impressed me that much or unimpressed me...they're just kinda around...so meh...we'll see where this all leads...

--------------------
"I meditate and do yoga. I sit cross-legged and try not to levitate too much." - Jeremy Brett
PM
^
jarrod
 Posted: Apr 7 2016, 07:06 PM

cum ninja

RIP CBR.

Hey Rivka, hey. :3
PM
^
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Apr 7 2016, 10:28 PM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

Did I invite someone who was already here? I'm not up with alt names or whatever. I'm never over there anymore.
PM
^
Beezzi
 Posted: Apr 8 2016, 03:23 AM

Happy 10th Anniversary!

Don't think so AF...can't remember that Rivka being anyone's alt. *shrug*

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the CBR forums. New management always means new policies. Valnet might try and funnel some of CBR's forum traffic to they're other sites.

I wonder if they'll eventually combine CBR and Screen Rants movie categories.

--------------------
"I meditate and do yoga. I sit cross-legged and try not to levitate too much." - Jeremy Brett
PM
^
RLAAMJR.
 Posted: Apr 8 2016, 01:23 PM

Storm's #1 Fan Forever!

I think CBR will be better. Canadians rule! smile.gif

--------------------
"Lightning, deliver this place from darkness!" - Storm in X-men TAS

"Do you know what happens to a toad when struck by lightning? Same thing that happens to everything else." - Storm in first X-men Movie.
PMEmail
^
Fod_2K16
 Posted: Apr 8 2016, 03:46 PM

Advanced Member

The forums are going to be axed, and replaced with commenting sections where only those with Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, or Facebook accounts can reply.

Those kinds of comment sections are becoming very popular because companies can track trends on social networking sites better.
PMEmail
^
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Apr 9 2016, 12:51 PM

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

QUOTE (Fod_2K16 @ Apr 8 2016, 06:46 PM)
The forums are going to be axed, and replaced with commenting sections where only those with Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, or Facebook accounts can reply.

Those kinds of comment sections are becoming very popular because companies can track trends on social networking sites better.

Even ESPN uses that. I think theirs is Facebook based. Comment sections, are the worst places on the internet. Worse than reddit and rivaling that of 4chan. Not that I'm on CBR ever now, but I sure won't be bothered to "comment" in a field of nonsense that's unsortable. Nope.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll