Pages: (12) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Buffyverse Watchthrough Project: Join the Scooby Gang
Kaiolino
 Posted: Jan 19 2015, 06:07 PM

#ILoveRogue

I didn't expect to actually find gifs of Anya dancing in her underwear, but here we are.
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Jan 19 2015, 06:12 PM

The Counterfeit Cant of Connecticut

are we going to watch the unaired pilot? What about the out of continuity movie? So many questions.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Jan 19 2015, 06:14 PM

THEY'RE BACK!!!!

I remember there was a singing episode. I like musicals...but was it good?

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
Supernature
 Posted: Jan 19 2015, 06:14 PM

Superior Homo

I've never watched these shows because they were on cable tv where I lived when I was a kid, and we didn't have it sad.gif
PM
^
vitamin
 Posted: Jan 19 2015, 06:16 PM

It's beautiful.

This is your chance, Supernatura. Grab it.

Yes to unaired pilot, no to 1992 film.

--------------------
I know, boo. I know ~ ted(d(y))
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Jan 19 2015, 06:17 PM

Feggy, Buffy reintroduced the musical episode into modern television. It was brilliant and perfectly incorporated to the plot and amazing and you will love it when we get there.

Supes, you should join in then! You'll definitely love it!

edit: vita, you actually have watched the show haven't you? Don't lie to me, I'm your grandson.

--------------------
PM
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Jan 19 2015, 06:19 PM

#ILoveRogue

QUOTE (Phoenix Egg @ Jan 20 2015, 03:14 AM)
I remember there was a singing episode. I like musicals...but was it good?

The episode was nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Musical Direction, but the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS) neglected to include the title on the ballots for Emmy nominations in 2002. NATAS attempted to remedy this by mailing a postcard informing its voters that it should be included, but the episode did not win. NATAS' oversight, according to the Washington Post, was "another example of the lack of industry respect afforded one of television's most consistently clever shows".[55] Ogle in The Miami Herald vigorously protests this omission, writing, "[T]he most astonishing, entertaining hour (hour plus, actually) of TV in the past year slips by virtually unnoticed. Nothing here is real; nothing here is right. Buffy the Vampire Slayer's musical episode, 'Once More, with Feeling', registers a paltry outstanding music direction nomination. Nice for the musical directors. A stake through the aspirations of writer/director Joss Whedon, the beating creative heart of Buffy, the only TV writer brave and clever enough to use horror as one great big wonderful metaphor for growing up [...] 'Once More, with Feeling' is TV of a different sort, something that comes along once in a lifetime and should not be buried but celebrated and rewarded."[51] The episode was also nominated for a Best Dramatic Presentation Hugo Award and a Best Script Nebula Award, both given for excellence in science fiction and fantasy writing.[56][57] In 2009 TV Guide ranked the episode #14 on its list of "TV's Top 100 Episodes of All Time".[58]
PM
^
vitamin
 Posted: Jan 19 2015, 06:22 PM

It's beautiful.

I watched some of it as a kid. And was ridiculed for it by the cool kids.

Now I'm gonna watch it with the cool kids.

I remember the characters, but not the stories.

--------------------
I know, boo. I know ~ ted(d(y))
PM
^
Supernature

Superior Homo

k I'll watch.
PM
^
sweetdumbass

I think this should be your avatar, Pheggy.

user posted image

It's just so perfect.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (12) 1 2 3 4 ... Last »
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll