Pages: (30) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

F!@# the Inhumans, Official Inhumans Discussion Thread
Kaiolino
 Posted: Oct 31 2014, 05:44 PM

#ReplaceRogue

In this topic we'll discuss Marvel's pathetic attempts to make the Inhumans a big thing and discuss how they're failing at it.

Here's an up to date article mentioning the pathetic attempts: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/31/mar...-men-continues/

As for the failure, the most recent Inhuman issue sold 30,000 copies, less than Magneto's ongoing (which double shipped that month) and similar to Wolverine and the X-Men (a book that is being relaunched).
PM
^
Supernature
 Posted: Oct 31 2014, 06:06 PM

Superior Homo

They'll never get it right as long as they keep those characters tbh.

Aside from Medusa, Ms Marvel (who isn't in the main book) and Karnak (who is dead), I'm failing to see potential in any of them.

Black Bolt and Maximus are both one note.

Gorgon is ...who cares.

The NuHumans are even worse. Dante literally has the blandest set of characteristics and his design is really uninspired. The others have barely been given a personality (yet ?).

The book itself has a lot of different concepts (inhuman clans who feel differently about the royals, the terrigen, etc...) but it feels a lot like they're throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. One concept has barely been given a sense of gravitas, when the next one is already introduced.

Overall Inhuman (the book) isn't terrible but the whole thing lacks genuineness.
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Oct 31 2014, 06:30 PM

X-Men Discourse

xpotm material.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Oct 31 2014, 07:38 PM

Jerk Chicken

I'm sort of intentionally going counter-culture with the RR semi-fandom, but these fake-ass mutant wannabes can get ALL of my hate, normally reserved for disinterested comic book editors.

Fuck'em. Especially the redhead.

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Oct 31 2014, 07:42 PM

X-Men Discourse

racism/sexism/homophobia aren't counter-culture.

--------------------
PM
^
Gene
 Posted: Oct 31 2014, 07:56 PM

Belcher and/or the Cow

Here we go.

As for the actual topic, maybe if they'd let the Inhumans be the fucking Inhumans, we'd at least be getting decent material about them.
PM
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Oct 31 2014, 08:01 PM

Jerk Chicken

What are the Inhumans really?

I just see off-brand mutants.

And that's all the creators see.

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Oct 31 2014, 08:05 PM

X-Men Discourse

I liked that they had a base on the Moon. Selene should steal that. What is more creepy than a sexy vampire goddess with an army zombie stationed on the moon.

--------------------
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Nov 17 2014, 02:59 PM

X-Men Discourse

user posted image

Peter Parker : friend of mutantkind since the 90's.

--------------------
PM
^
vitamin
 Posted: Nov 20 2014, 08:41 AM

It's beautiful.

QUOTE (MacManus @ Oct 31 2014, 08:05 PM)
I liked that they had a base on the Moon. Selene should steal that. What is more creepy than a sexy vampire goddess with an army zombie stationed on the moon.

HOTTTT.
It would be Selene's post-Arkea saving grace if she went full vamp massacre on Inhumans Moon Capitol.

--------------------
I know, boo. I know ~ ted(d(y))
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (30) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll