Pages: (13) « First ... 11 12 13  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Astonishing X-Men (2017), Charles Soule
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Yesterday at 12:31 pm

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

Story was interesting. Like SDA, I guess Beast has to be Mystique. Also Cheung drew Beast with cat facial features....here we go again. that one panel of ripped OML looked as awkward as actual 48 year old thin skinned ripped Hugh Jackman. So good job, I guess.

ROGUE'S BACK....and really sexually aggressive? "Hey I need to transfer energy to you, we could just touch skin but i really want to kiss someone, so DON'T THINK ANYTHING OF THIS".

That last page though. One can hope.

Edit: That OML image was Lashley
PM
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Yesterday at 12:55 pm

X-Men Discourse

QUOTE (AgentFeliX @ Jul 19 2017, 09:31 PM)
Story was interesting.

I'm not even sure bow dat. The whole notion of cashing on Legion high makes me suspicious. We'll see how whack Soule gets, this is comics not tv so admiteddly he could really push the idea far and serves us something interesting bc otherwise. well u can't exactly count on SK creep factor like they did on tv bc well, that was a different medium, it won't necessarily translate as well. The notion of Rogue going thru yet another psychic fight where she has to overcome her inner demons... What has it been, like three times in the last year?

And Im not even that happy about last page reveal.What the X-Men need is to disband the school/s, adress how their methods for achieving mutant justice are outdated and think of something new. Not bring the old fart back.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
AgentFeliX
 Posted: Yesterday at 01:21 pm

Damn. I might start carryin' beans.

QUOTE (sweetdumbass @ Jul 19 2017, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (AgentFeliX @ Jul 19 2017, 09:31 PM)
Story was interesting.

I'm not even sure bow dat. The whole notion of cashing on Legion high makes me suspicious. We'll see how whack Soule gets, this is comics not tv so admiteddly he could really push the idea far and serves us something interesting bc otherwise. well u can't exactly count on SK creep factor like they did on tv bc well, that was a different medium, it won't necessarily translate as well. The notion of Rogue going thru yet another psychic fight where she has to overcome her inner demons... What has it been, like three times in the last year?

And Im not even that happy about last page reveal.What the X-Men need is to disband the school/s, adress how their methods for achieving mutant justice are outdated and think of something new. Not bring the old fart back.

Mutant Justice? Or peaceful Mutant/Human coexistence? Mutant "Justice" would be more like X-Force wouldn't it?

Depends on if your goal is an integrated society, or a New Tian, Genosha, racially pure island situation.

I say this because I'm a big fan of the vague concept of the dream. The idea of using outreach and positive examples to promote mutants as equal and not something to be feared. Mutant heroes, not as a defense against Mutant villains, but as a symbol to everyone, Mutant, human, or otherwise, that Mutants are people just like anyone else. Capable of heroics as well as the over publicized misdeeds. This is the potential that "X-Men as heroes" stories have the potential to tell when they pursue those themes, like in Astonishing and Gold. But the ball is always dropped. It just becomes about them being just plain heroes, only being heroes to defend their own flock of students (which, while commendable, ignores the big picture), or straight defending against evil mutants.

Edit: I am genuinely interested in where you head is at on the matter. What actions should the X-Men take to help their people who are obviously still struggling with persecution in the world.

I'd like to add, that I think no matter what either one of us thinks, in story it won't matter. With the "struggle for acceptance" being a core theme of being a mutant, and by extension X-Men books, they will never give us true acceptance, even if the world has moved that way and will presumably keep moving that way. Look what they did after Morrison tried to modernize the metaphor in one of the best ways. The X-Men being hated and feared is their version of Spider-Man being single and broke. I only hope we can get a 21 year escape of that narrative like Peter did with MJ, or the quick respite he got with Parker Industries.
PM
^
Satan
 Posted: Yesterday at 02:33 pm

frostitute

Okay.

Soule somewhat fulfills weaponized nostalgia theme: from the start he spins the web of apocalypse, tying it into the web of X-teammates, xplaining each one for nu Marvel readers, then uniting them all by violating Psylocke. Nostalgia is contained in trademarked CC psychic possession, mutant menace to general populace, ultimate intimacy (Rogue kiss and threesome), combining more than one two powers (YAAASSSSSS), astral plane and deep dark secrets.

I dig Shadow King narrating the whole issue, like a presentation. But why did he decide to strike now? Also dig Psylocke urging them to Astral Plane. Like, damn, ppl this is psychic attack happening right now. Reaction is immediate or Shadow's action is gonna crush us. But you gotta wonder did maybe Shadow took Psylocke to goad X-men onto the astral plane so he can eat them?

Last page wasn't shocking to me, esp since Charlie spoke in Farouk's font and black bubble.

Nice reveal that Gambit owes Fanto something. It brings me joy. On that one panel Gumbo had that guilty look like he's prostituting himself to Fanto.

I didn't quite catch what energy shards did OML and Thieving Twosome battle? It was very unclear and only minus in this rowdy romp. I'm lying... Angel was also wtf?! He was all I'm dealing with Archangel inside but I will protect you? Who's gonna bet Shadow Spider is gonna trigger him and Bishop will have to fight him not to kill sleeping beauties?

PMEmail
^
Kaiolino
 Posted: Yesterday at 04:08 pm

#ILoveRogue

Weaponized nostalgia is bad. Sick of Soule and Guggenheim's lame CC imitations.
PM
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Yesterday at 05:42 pm

Wake Me When The Purifiers Are Dead

I keked at the ending.

And also at "focused totality".

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
Gene
 Posted: Yesterday at 06:21 pm

Belcher and/or the Cow

keked

Oh God.
PM
^
Phoenix Egg
 Posted: Yesterday at 06:49 pm

Wake Me When The Purifiers Are Dead

QUOTE (Gene @ Jul 19 2017, 06:21 PM)
keked

Oh God.

So the drama.

--------------------
"I don’t want you to get hurt but you have to understand… the more you annoy me the more I can’t help thinking about deconstructing you, molecule by molecule, memory by memory… until there’s nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms."
PMEmail
^
sweetdumbass
 Posted: Yesterday at 07:57 pm

X-Men Discourse

I wouldn't put this anyhere near the level of bad that is Guggs. If anything I like that Marvel are trying this plot centered maxi series approach. I don't like having a new artist every issue, or Soule but if it opens doors for more experiments like this I'll be fine.

--------------------
Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?
PM
^
slacker
 Posted: Today at 02:15 am

Advanced Member

Loved iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I thought the art was pretty. The butterfly/moth/spider metamorphosis was nice. Psylocke sending their asses to the asstral plane was my fave. Psylocke constantly repeating herself was annoying, but totally everyone else's fault for not listening. Is Beast Mystique? I imagine Fanto Bishop or Psylocke would have sensed that. Then again, this was all in the span of 3 minutes or whateva. "focused totality" and "a powerful psychic like me" were my fav lines. And for how loathsome Fauxfrenchomex is, at least he can keep it up.

The amount of continuity Soule is choosing to "not address" is alarming though. Not that I think it will be a problem, I just think it's hilarious.

QUOTE (Satan @ Jul 19 2017, 02:33 PM)
I didn't quite catch what energy shards did OML and Thieving Twosome battle? It was very unclear and only minus in this rowdy romp. I'm lying... Angel was also wtf?! He was all I'm dealing with Archangel inside but I will protect you? Who's gonna bet Shadow Spider is gonna trigger him and Bishop will have to fight him not to kill sleeping beauties?

They were fighting the swarm of psychic knives that attacked Rogue in the beginning.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (13) « First ... 11 12 13 
Add Reply
New Poll